When do babies start teething? I think my almost 4 mth old is..she's slobbering, chewing on her hands and anything that gets in front of her..etc. I can feel a little difference on top in front on her gums..I'm also wondering what to expect?

mommy.87

Asked by mommy.87 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well of course it's possible babies can teeth from birth almost some people are born with teeth although rare it happens but she probably is in the beginning of it...some doctors you may ask might tell you no they arent it's just their salvory glades starting to work just because they dont see buds blah blah blah i dont believe it
    Anonymous

• It is rare but does happen that early! Sounds like all the signs!! They also get quite irritable and their urine can have an odd (sort of sweet smell, I compare it to maple syrup myself). Also a runny nose is common when teething since the teeth are closely related to the sinuses.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My baby started doing that about that time, too, but at 5 months he still doesnt have teeth. People tell me sometimes their teeth start bothering them a long time before they come in, though, so who knows!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• They can teeth as early as a few months old, or as late as after age 1. Also, babies can start teething, then stop, then start again, all without cutting a single tooth. My daughter started teething at almost 4 months, then completely stopped, toothless. She didn't cut her first tooth then until almost age 1.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Girl!!! You can expect to hear her keeping you up throughout the night (crying in pain). Before this happens, ask the pediatrician if it is ok to give her tylenol or motrin (i preffer motrin). My baby is growing in his molars.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• All 5 of my kids had two teeth in the bottom by 4 mo old. I had no idea with the first one because, well, never had a baby before so I didnt know..and one day he bite me on the finger & I was like "Wow! He got teeth!". So with the others I was on the look out.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2010