How can I get rid of my pregnancy belly?

I need to know whats the best way to get rid of my pregnancy belly, I had my baby seven months ago and I am not breast feeding anymore so I know its harder for me to loose it. Any good advice for a first time mom??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Try a girdle. But my son is 19, I haven't lost mine yet.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• exercise and eating healthy.... the only belly you have due to pregnancy is whats left before your uterus shrinks.
    that shrinks in 6 weeks by contracting, and from there - exercise.
    Anonymous

• Exercise, eat right, drink plenty of water. Pilates and walking a lot help.
    Anonymous

• definitely pilates
    momtoperfection

Answer by momtoperfection at 12:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• "the only belly you have due to pregnancy is whats left before your uterus shrinks.
    that shrinks in 6 weeks by contracting, and from there - exercise."

Not sure if that was a jab or not....? My DS is 5 months, and I'm struggling with this too. Like it or not most of us DO gain some fluff around the middle during pregnancy (and everywhere else!), plus it loosens everything up there. I know women who got back into shape, but there belly just bulges a little forever.

I'm walking every day, starting to do some sit-ups, and TRYING to cut back on my eating. It's hard! Send me a friend invite if you want an accountability partner! I could use one, too!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i have an 11 month old and i still got some belly i just cant loose it ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm always so afraid to add my 2 cents into topics like this.
    I'm not part of the "Right there with you" club....
    I can tell you that I don't like how I look right now, and I don't feel comfortable in my skin. My last baby (#6 for me) is 3 1/2 months old and I'm still larger than I would like to be at this point.
    I weighed 110 before getting pregnant, and I'm at 120 right now, which technically is my "ideal" weight, the only problem is - it isn't "toned" weight, it's fat.
    My personal plan & advice is: eat right, tone & exercise, get proper sleep, and drink watePr
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 2:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• exercise. you need a healthy mix of cardio ( fat loss) and strength training (musle building) to get you pre-baby belly back. on to pof cardio, i do things like torso twists& jackknifes to tone the muscles. my son is 19 months and my belly is gone save for a bit of extra skin, and i'm working on toning the muscles more. i did the same after my daughter, she was almost 2 before my belly was back in pre-baby shape.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2010