child support court ?

When I filed when my son was a baby we went seperatly into the cs offices and the order was done. When I took him back to court a few years ago we met with cs people outside the court room and aggreed and sighned and it was done. I just filed due to non compliance issues and I got served today with my court date. It says we are scheduled for a 10 min slot with the judge and if the judge can not do a ruling in 10 min on our case we will get a trial date. Can someone explaine this to me? Has anyone been through this? TRIAL .... jury and lawyers? This is new to me and I don't know what to expect - but I know we are not going to agree.

THANKS!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I went through something somewhat similiar in my divorce. Basically if you all cannot come to an agreement in the 10 minute slot you are alloted, then the judge will set a trial date to where to to will both have to come back and have the child support issue settle by a judge.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• If you two cannot come to an agreement, the judge will decide what is in the best intrest of the child.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• this sucks - I filied the first week in jan - court date is in may - and we prob will have to get another court date then
    UGH
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Hopefully the judge can settle it for you but be prepared to have to go back. No jury..just the judge and you two. It might be in your best interests to consult a lawyer but I'm not sure. It varies from place to place.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2010