What do you think?

I plan on opening an in home daycare center that specializes in infants.. 6 weeks to 2 or 3 years and if a parent has more than one child the older one would be accepted into care as well...

Would you consider a daycare that you could only use for a few years? How much would you be willing to pay if all you supplied was diapers? If the meals were provided, there was an outside area, lots of art projects and infant developmental appropriate activites?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 11:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• check with your county assistance office website (welfare website). most states administer daycare financial aid to low income families through the public welfare agencies. The agencies, in turn, inspect and report on daycares. Those sites generally list cost of care, and qualifications for licensed centers.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• an at home care center, I would prefer it to be more of a long term.

also, the regulations on how many infants you can have at once + older kids will extremely limit your income! And your own children count in these things too. So if you have an infant and take in 1 infant, that meets most states requirements of only 2 infants per adult. The older the child, the more children you can have at once.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it makes sense, unless you want to only watch a couple babies, or you will have a staff. You can watch more children if they are a little older. If I used daycare, I would probably want one that I could see myself sticking w until my child started school.
    ThePinkRobot

Answer by ThePinkRobot at 11:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Im with pinkrobot
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't use an inhome care centre if the carer was going to have more than two infants including mine and her own. It's hard work managing triplets it you gave birth to them and they are familiar with Mommy, let alone someone managing 3 or more infants. I would not be confident that my baby was getting the love and interaction she needs. What would you do if two wake and are screaming at once, and then an older brother poops his pants and the eighteen month old dalls and bangs his head - .It's one thing if they are your own kids, another if you are being paid to care for them Doesn't sound good to me.
    In my state the rule is one child under 1 yr, two under 2yrs( cumyulative so only 2 in total can be aged under 2) 3 under 3 and so on per qualified carer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010