advice needed

I'm 20 years old and have a 4 month old baby girl. I need to get a job and I want to get an apartment. I know living at home is way easier but I'm not accomplishing ANYTHING here. I need to get out on my own. I'm considering daycare but I just don't know how I feel about people I don't know watching my baby. I can think of 2 people that could watch her maybe 3 days out of the week. For pay of course. I'll be paying for day care, rent, and everything else I need. I feel like it's impossible but it can't be, right? My baby's dad is still in the picture but I don't know if I can be with him anymore. I'm at the point though that I'll deal with it just so I can have the extra help. Is there anyone who knows what I'm going though and can give some helpful advice on how to accomplish my goals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I was in the same boat - I had my daughter when I was 19 and I left her dad when she was 3-weeks old. It was just me and her in Las Vegas. All my family and friends lived in San Diego. I tried for about 2 months to do it on my own, I was determined to. But I crashed and failed I got to the point that I couldn't buy my daughters formula. So I went to Wal-mart and store a can of it and got caught. I wasn't charged with anything just banned and kicked out. I fell on my ass, called my mom and she drove 400 miles to get us. It was hell living with my family (6 of us in a 2 bedroom duplex) but I did until I got a good enough job to support me and my daughter. I probably lived with her for 1.5 years. It was the smartest thing I could of done (not the funnest). I look back now, my daughter is 4 and we are on our own and doing well and I am beyond glad I had my parents there to help. It was hard at times but for the best-
    allfiller08

Answer by allfiller08 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Work your schedule around those who can watch your baby at first.. then maybe ease her into daycare. If you're not with the father, hit him up for child support, that'd help a lot.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'd ditch the man although he helps if you don't want to be with him b/c you want to be with him then you are waisting your time. Just because you are not "with" him dosent mean he cant take care of his child. Now about a job just apply EVERYWHERE even if you think they wont hire you at least you are getting yourself out there. Daycare's you have to be careful about and just make sure they meet your standards... (My Sister even has people from the day care watch her kids on there days off) Also just because they accept title 20 (Government assisted child care) dosent mean they are crappy you just have to check them out. Then the apartment start out with help and then move on to doing it yourself. 1st apply for the title 20 and living help and once you get the title 20 go for the job. :) hope this helped
    RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I stay stick it out with your parents until you get a job and save money...geting out on your own sounds great but it is tough...some apartment communities want a person to earn an income three times the amount of the rent...to me this is outrages! anyway, find a JOB, find daycare, save money and move out.. You are a young women, you sound strong..I believe that all will be well..keep your chin up.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010