Safe to eat lemon poppy seed muffins??

Someone told me no it's not safe and I can't find info on internet. Anybody have any idea? I am craving them SO bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did a lot of research by googling it...and nearly every source said it was perfectly fine. In fact, in India and the Middle East, they use poppy seeds as a source of nutrients for breastfeeding moms and babies. The only possible harm it could do is cause a positive toxicology result on your pee test, and even then you'd have to eat like fifty muffins for it to have any effect. I ate two muffins before a doctor's appointment one day, my UA came back perfectly normal and nothing happened to my baby. Eat away!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• i can look but it shoud b fine
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• everything i read said its not good so no .. lol sorry i never heard of them before
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• Aaahhh...what's a girl to do then?? LOL...I can't get them out of my head and there is a box of them in my pantry! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• l .. i know how that is ... i hate it when you crave what you cant have lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• how did you google it i did too and all i found said it was bad lol jw
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• OMG! Thank you SO much for looking that up!!!! That makes me feel so much better!! I'm turning the oven on now! :) :) :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• They are perectly fine to eat as long as its not in large amounts. If you eat alot of it, it could elevate the levels of morphine in your body. But i doubt you'll be able to eat that much to do any harm. I mean, you'd literally have to eat a poppy seed muffin morning, day, and night everyday. The only thing it will do is show up as you doing drugs on a pee test. Thats the most harm it will do. So eating a muffin here and there is ok to eat.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 7:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• I just put in a bunch of different stuff like "poppy seeds when pregnant" or "are poppy seeds safe while pregnant". I did it a few weeks ago, when I was making those muffins I ate, lmao. I was worried about it hurting the baby but it was nice to know that it was okay.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:56 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• I did what cait did. I googled it too.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 8:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2008