Can I get my tongue pierced while pregnant?

I had it done before, but it fell out and due to being pregnant and vomiting the entire first two trimesters, I left it out, I want it pierced again...or should I wait till baby is born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• technically you "can" though it's not recommended due to infection issues.
    also you will have one heck of a time trying to find a parlor/piercer that will do it with you pregnant if you are obviously pregnant at this time. If you aren't showing yet, you can get away with it, but you still risk the infection and such.

I recommend waiting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yes you can do it. the piercers shouldnt give you a problem. its not going to effect the baby at all. but you need to force yourself to eat even if it hurts.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• id wait i have mine done. i waited till the mothers day after i had my dd and got it done. you will have to take it out ne way when you go into labor so it might close again...
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I would definately wait untill afterwards. The only reason is that if you were to have an C-section either emergency or non; they will make you take out any peircings. You will have had gone through the swelling period again for nothing. Trust me, btdt and was a little mad. Got my tongue peirced at 7 months and had to take it out after I could start eating normally again. Sigh...it was fun while it lasted LOL
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010