Have you ever gotten pregnant on purpose behind your DH or SO's back?..Like "on the sly."

My friend told me today that she concieved the last 2 children (they have 4 total) "on the sly." I asked her what she meant she said "I just stopped taking my BCPs and didn't tell him. Then when I got pregnant I told him that BCPs must have failed."

I was stunned. I couldn't say anything...I didn't know what to say. I could never do something like that to my DH.

Has anyone ever done this? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• i couldnt do that.....it has to be something me and dh want....not forcing him into anything behind his back....i just couldnt do that.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• NO! This is underhanded and deceiving to the man you "love."
    But I would question my friendship with a person like that. If she would betray her husband (the one she made vows wit) I would seriously doubt her loyalty and respect to a friend!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• ha! no. the last two babies BC really did fail us ! oh well... we have 4 beautiful babies instead of just two!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No way! I would not do that to my DH to me that is disrespectful.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We only had one.... She was not planned nor prevented and i dont know how anyone could do that to someone they loved.
    RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Couldn't do it even if I wanted to. My hubby is the one knows when I can conceive and when I can't. We use NFP so, there is no BC to "fail." But, I would never do that to my husband. If we want a baby we can have one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I havent ever been on BC. But our 2 little suprises I blame on DH lol. Both times he was drunk and didnt pull out. I dont think I could ever plan to get pregnant with out talking to DH first. I cant keep secrets from him so if I did I would just end up telling him.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2010