Maybe a growth spurt?

My daughter has been very cranky the last few days and will only sleep while nursing. last night if I tried to take her off or roll over she would wake up. I barely got any sleep and I had to be really uncomfortable to keep the boob in her mouth. Is this normal for a growth spurt? She is 3 months.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 12:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it could a growth spurt. She is the right age for one. Just be patient and it will past. It may take a week or two but it will get better. Also she could be teething. You can give her alittle tylenol if you think she is teething. But I think it is a growth spurt.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Could be a growth spurt, or something else. I think the main thing to remember is that you are doing the right thing by nursing her on demand and holding her while she sleeps because that is what she needs right now. If you haven't already, learn to nurse lying down so that you can drift off with her and get some more sleep for yourself. Just make sure you do it safely (i.e not on the couch) make sure your bed is safe for her.
    It is totally normal for them to go in and out of phases like this throughout the first year (or more)!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2010