Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I've tried asking one of the local magistrates, but he is a friend of my husband and simply refused to answer me. I've tried contacting one of the abuse groups and they said someone would get back to me as fast as they could... 14 hours ago.
I have COPD and severe asthma. My husband is abusive at times, but this seemed to top it. He started an argument and I tried to disengage by going in the bedroom and locking the door. I couldn't breath so i started a breathing treatment. He got the door open came over and turned off the nebulizer and held it off so I could 'hear' him as he screamed at me. I reached for the phone. He pulled it away. I whispered "thats' abuse'. He screamedthat I was f*******g nuts and he was going to call his lawyer and threw the phone at me. I wasn't able to talk tomake a call and he let me know he wouldn't let anyone inside the house. Is that legally physical abuse? I'm scared of him.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (17)
  • if you are scared, it's abuse!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • you are scared and he is trying to intimidate you and withholding medical treatment. Yes it's abuse. You need to get out NOW! This is not a healthy relationship.

    Answer by myheartx4 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • what is COPD?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • Def. abuse!!

    Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • wait ill things cool pour ice on the firethen either address the situation or run for ur ife

    Answer by mirit.rose at 1:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • oh yea thats shouldn't be scared of your husband

    Answer by LynnB1 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • Depending on where you live the 911 system will provide the responding emergency service with the address of the caller automatically as long as you are using the house phone and not a cell. Even if you can't talk if you need help dial 911 from your house phone if you need help. Hopefully where you live is like where I do and the police will respond. If you can talk at all you need to let them know you need help and that your husband likely won't answer the door or let you answer it. The police will force entry if need be.
    Where do you live?

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • leave now. dont even bother worrying. leave. he is gonna end up killing you

    Answer by sati769leigh at 4:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • Definitely ABUSE!!!!!!

    Answer by mommy11260 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • anon :51. its chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.