I'm preggo, anyone have any morning sickness tips?

im about 9 weeks, and im feeling sick for the first time *with this one*.......I had it kind of bad with DD but i dont really remember what i did, i just hung around the bathroom with saltines and ginger ale....*diet* lol. does anyone have anything that they did that worked for them????

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 12:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Thank God I didn't throw up with my son. I cannot deal with vomiting in the least bit. But I did have nausea a lot. I would keep a can of open warm ginger ale next to the bed at night. And before i got out of bed in the morning id eat Club crackers. Also I swear by them i wore them my entire pregnancy..during labor..thru the c-section and for 2 weeks after i delivered my son. Sea bands...I loved them. and were TTC and i will be wearing them the next time too. I swear they work..at least for me..Good Luck!
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• What are sea bands? im going to google it but just wondering......
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, I had to eat a spoonful of icecream about 30 min before I could eat anything. I dunno why it helped but it did! With my current pregnancy, I have a hard time with solid foods in the morning so I drink a Boost nutritional drink for breakfast. Crackers never really helped with my morning sickness.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I had morning sickness from day one until i delivered with my daughter and the best thing i found was ginger root capsules. They work great and they are 100% natural, so they are also good for you. Hope this helps. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• eat small amounts through the day, lots of ginger (ginger ale, ginger root capsules, etc..)band liquids, and just try to take it easy. The more relaxed and calm you are, the more relaxed and calm your body will be too. Oh, and try to eat stuff other than carbs too, they will back you up and make going #2 REALLY hard.. which only stresses your body and makes it more difficult on you. (sorry if TMI)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Don't let yourself get hungry. Ever. I would even eat crackers when I woke up to pee at night. I found that kept the sick feeling away. I ate every 2 - 3 hours, just little meals. Healthy stuff too, just anything to fill the gap. I carried twins and had maybe one morning I felt bad and that was when I'd missed my 3am pee and crackers lol....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I found that mint gum worked wonders. Congrats!!!
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 4:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• So many funny answers...PROTEIN. is what really helps morning sickness. for me I would have to get up early every morning and start the day off with a nice size glass of water not to much because that would make me puke if it was too cold or to much in my stomache. But any kind of protein that your body will take without making it hard to chew. is a great way to battel morning sickness...And lets hope your like me and your morning sickness will be done and over around weeks 12-14. Good luck.
    Cannons-Mom

Answer by Cannons-Mom at 1:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2010