How can I get my 3.5 year old daughter to poop in the potty again? She has been trained to do both in the potty for well over 7 months, but all of a sudden want so poop in her pull-up at nap or bedtime, because she says she wants to "hide". I've told her she can hide in the bathroom and go, and she is not yet ready to give up pull-ups when she sleeps, as she is rarely dry through the night or naps.

beachmommy19

Asked by beachmommy19 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I suggest taking away the pull ups. go to the store and pick out panties that she will like. I just bought my DD Princess and the Frog panties, because she has been doing great staying dry (and poop free). Also, even at bedtime and naptime, no pull ups. I bought the plastic panties and training panties for bedtime (she stays dry at night), and she will wear those. I wake her up in the middle of the night, and she stays dry until morning.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• she stay dry at nap*, not night.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• well first of all at this age she should really be wearing big girl panties. Try to find some with something she likes ,example a favorate charater or or something silky and lacy. maybe she wouldn't want to get those wet. you san also try giving her a sticker everytime she uses the potty. for a while. of her favorate charaters. good luck
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My DD is 3.5 and She is in the same Situation as your DD..lol! I think dont know what to do..she knows to poop in the potty and everything and doesnt stay dry at night and I really want her to get there befor school starts!ha
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 2:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Ok, so I must not have clarified enough...she is wearing big girl undies all day long, and has for 7 months, with no accidents! The only time she wears pull ups is for naps and night time, because she is not dry while she sleeps. In fact, she was also pooping in the potty until Christmas, when we traveled and she got constipated, and scared to poop on the potty. So now she doesn't seem to want to go anymore on the potty. So....do I keep her in undies for her naps, hoping that she'll stay dry? (she will not poop in her undies, she just waits until its nap or night time, and then poops in the pull up). Maybe I'll try the plastic or extra thick training undies. Don't think she'll want to poop in those.
    beachmommy19

Answer by beachmommy19 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2010