17 weeks.. not really feeling much

I just hit 17 weeks and I don't really think I've felt the baby move at all! I try laying on my back and press into my pelvis (not hard) and rarely will feel what I keep thinking is gas. I remember feeling my son starting to jab me at this point. I'm so scared/anxious/paranoid that the baby died or something. Is this normal?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my son I would keep feeling what i thought was gas around 18 weeks, then the Dr told me it was the baby moving..you've got to remember there still pretty small at this point. Im sure everythings fine but just to give you a piece of mind make an appt to get it checked out. Good Luck & congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• its normal. all babies are different, the one i am pregnant w now is much less active than my daughter was.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• they are still tiny at this point!!! With my DD I felt her at 14 weeks.. I KNOW.. I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing..
    with this second one I didn't feel anything until almost 20 weeks, and it was inconsistent until I was about 23-24 weeks. Your uterus is already stretched from the first one so it may be harder to feel things this time around until they get a little bigger. Plus, with the first one you are usually more in tune with what's going on. I'm sure you feel in tune now, but baby is probably moving and such when your not paying as much attention.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Normal. I was around 20 weeks when I felt my daughter move the first time and then it was only every so often. A week or so later I started feeling her regularly.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2010