Military wives......

So dh is on duty........and yes its only 24 hours....and i've been through 6 deployments...but i get really lonely.....so I spend time reading and online.....what do you do?

LynnB1

Asked by LynnB1 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My fiance is in the National Guard. He hasn't been deployed yet, but I think it's coming this year. My plan is to just focus on the kids. Taking care of the house, my family, and writing him more letters than Santa gets in a year. While he was away for Basic and AIT I wrote him every day - I'm talking like 3 typed pages a day. (and he wrote back almost as much & just as often).
    If you get lonely I guess try to find time to hang out with your girlfriends more, or your extended family.
    What helps me is finding something to focus on like: making him a photo album of everything he doesn't get to see while he's gonPr
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 1:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I've done everything to kill loneliness....I got back into school a few years back, I have 2 small boys, a dog, and never ending housework....its just at night when everyone goes to bed and I have to stare at it...a big bed and me all alone.....again.....ah I know I'm being overly dramatic...but 24 hour duty on a week day is actually 2 complete days with no dh......Its hard too because of all the moving around we've done, I don't have many friends here.....about a total of 2. LOL
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• the photo album is an EXCELLENT idea!!! ty!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I just stay up until I'm so tired that it doesn't matter that my bed is empty once again. He works night shift normally even when he isn't deployed though so my bed is often pretty lonely. When he's deployed I sign up for classes and nature hikes and take my son to play dates and I fix up the house and reupholster chairs ANYTHING to keep myself busy. Never thought I'd be more lonely after getting married then I was before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• every time my husband deployed I worked full time and had kids. So I never was bored. Housework, soccer and the other things.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2010