Did anyone else have a huge fear that their baby (or future babies) would be born .... not healthy...?

I have a 2 y.o and we've been talking about possibly trying for another baby. But I'm TERRIFIED of having another and having the possiblity that there will be something wrong. I'm terrified I'll get pregnant and lose the baby, that I'll have a baby and it will be born early, or sick, or god forbid, dead. Its like a phobia. I haven't ever miscarried, not health problems, no problems with my DD or her birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah, i have felt that. i am pregnant w my second right now, and i have to really keep my imagination in check. i have had 2 miscarriages, and im always afraid it will happen again.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It is a normal pregnancy fear.. don't worry if you want a baby then you have to do it with your whole heart and not let your fears get in the way... or choose not to have a baby
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:19 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• we are TTC and i am having the same fears! my dd is perfect, and i just worry that i wont have the same luck next time!! i totally understand your worry.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• YES.. my DD was born with a CHD and I was so scared that the second one (currently 37 weeks preg) would have the same problems. You can always request extra testing, we had a level 2 ultrasound to check the brain and 2 fetal echo's done to check the heart. Everything came up clean which gives me some relief.. but there's always that thought in the back of your head. You can't let it control your life though, or you'll end up with regrets and bad feelings about pregnancy and such. It's a normal fear, unless you let it consume you.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• at some point while pregnant with my first child, i felt guilty fro asking God for a healthy baby. i decided to let it go, and let God decide which of his babies i would be blessed to take care of. i agree with pp, you can't let your fears run your life!
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• *hugs* I have the same fears. I tell myself, what will be, will be and I do not have control over nature and it helps..a little. I am currently pregnant andfeel that anything negative is truly out of my hands and I will have to wait and see what nature gives me and accept that I cannot control everything...something I hate admitting...good luck to you and know you are not alone with those fears.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I am due in 7 weeks and still worried she is a hermaprodite (not sure of spelling) but has both male and female parts..i was worried about the same thing with my first daughter, it is normal
    december911

Answer by december911 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2010