I will travel with my childrens internationaly (my husband will stay here). Do I need some kind of paper or proof from him to show at the airport??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• nopejust birth certificates and passports
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yes...i helped a lady in your same situation...your husband has to write a letter giving you permision to take the children out of the country and the letter must be noterized.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Oops, Notarized..
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• nope just a passport for the children.......i've travelled internationally for years. You can't get a passport for a child w/o both mother and father's signature or a POA (as per the military like mine) allowing me to sign for dh.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I forgot to add that the notarized letter had to be presented to the post office or the agency hellping with the applications when applying for the children's passports.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Just their birth certificates and pass ports.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes. You need a notarized letter like Alejandra said and when you get passports both parents need to be present or you need a letter. Not saying that they will actually ask for the letter but you are supposed to have it and if you don't they can prevent you from traveling.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you'll need a notarized letter stating that your husband is okay with you taking the children out of the country.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 5:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• You will need proof, like a notarized letter, that you have permission to take the kids out of the country. You also need to apply for the passport with your DH or have a special notarized form saying he is ok with you applying for the passports. It all has to do with parental kidnapping.

When I was 16 (many moons ago) they had just enacted a law to that effect an no one told her she needed proof to take me out of the country. They could have ruined our vacation, but they took me aside and asked questions, and figured I was old enough to be honest if I were being kidnapped.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2010