Ear Piercing?

My dd is 3, and I want her to have her ears peirced so bad. We looked at earings the other day, and she loves to wear clip ons. She told me she wanted them pierced, so I took her to Claire's, but I chickened out! How can I get past this? My hub was with me and told me he would sit there with her, but I still cant get over it.

mrsjosey1018200

Asked by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Health

• If your daughter wants them and both you and your husband support this decision, then maybe you should stay home. Have your husband take your daughter to claires for her piercings..it will be less painful for you.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My DD was 4 when she asked to have hers done, I was worried that she would freak out and only one ear would get done or that she would cry and cry. She surprised me, we made sure she understood it would hurt for a few minutes the first one she cried then she held on to DH's hand and sqeezed really hard while the second was done she yelled OWWW then jumped up and ran to go see her earrings lol. If she is sure then let her and Dh go get it done, she can sqeeze his hand. After wards we had a cold pack ready to help numb it, my daughter believes that cold packs can cure anything lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• it's up to you, but remember that at this point you wil lbe doing all the cleaning and upkeep. my daughter is anxiously watiing til she is 6 or 7, by then i feel she will be able to at least help take care of them.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• you could try the stickers for her ears if you aren't really ready yet. neither me nor my dh could bear the thought of watching our dd get pierced! i still think earrings would be pretty...but we will wait until she can take care of her ears herself.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Your husband needs to take her without you.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2010