Wedding~Honeymoon ... Need to loose weight!!!

I'm getting married May 1st and we are going to Miami for our Honeymoon. Does anyone know any good diets? I'd like to loose 20lbs, but I'm sure it's not possible in that amount of time. But really anything lose would be better than nothing.

Mom_of_2_boyz87

Asked by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 2:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• wish i had something for you! but congrats and i hope you can achieve your goals!!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• YES - you CAN do it. May 1st is 10 weeks away ... so that would be 2 lbs every week, which is realistic and possible ... BUT you have to be committeed to your goals and be willing to make the lifestyle changes necessary to reach this goal.

You have to combine nutrition and exercise to get teh effect you are looking for.

Don’t buy junk food – try fruits, granola bars, trail mix, nuts, olives

Walk, or do other exercise, usually I recommend a minimum of 3 times a week, but since you are pushing a deadline, I would suggest at least 5 days a week .

Drink water – start and end each day and each meal with a glass of water. Preferably 8 oz glass, for NON water drinkers I usually tell them to start w/ 4 oz and work up to 8, but again we're pushing a strict non-negotiable deadline.

Eat 5 times a day - smaller meals
    Breakfast
    AM snack
    Lunch
    PM snack
    Dinner

Good
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When driving, suck in your stomach to the beat of the music (great for abs)

Dance while cleaning (works all muscles, and makes cleaning more fun)

Replace computer chair w/ exercise ball

How about a variety of Crunches? Works the core & abs.

You can do "normal crunches"
    Side crunches -lie on back, feet in air, arms behind your head then crunch" side to side like you are trying to get your elbows and knees to meet.
    Double crunches - lift arms/shoulders up while legs/knees come up to meet each other.
    Reverse crunch - lie on back, cross right leg over left knee, arms behind head - lift legs & butt like you are crunching

I’m a Beachbody Coach and my goal is to help others get healthy, one person at a time. You don't need to be my customer for me to help you. If you get discouraged & need some encouragement or more tips message me.

www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• You've already gotten some great advice.. One thing I will add.. Do NOT try to just stop eating altogether. (meaning go all day with nothing to eat then eat something tiny at dinner) You body will go into "starvation" mode and you won't lose any weight at all because your body is trying to hold on to your body fat thinking it isn't going to be fed so it is conserving all it can.

Watch your calorie intake (cut out sodas and just drink water, that will make a big difference) watch your carbs, dont skimp on them but dont overdo them either.

Make a food log. Every day write own what you eat and when. Then you will have to be more accountable to yourself and can see what you are eating or about to eat and decide if you should eat it or not.

Good luck and congrats!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If you have enough self discipline to regulate your food intake, then go with what has been suggested and what you already know (eat less, drink water, more fruits and veggies, and EXERCISE!).

If the regulation is a bit hard, then you might want to try a portion control program like Medifast.  Its like nutrisystem where they provide the meals and snacks so you don't have to worry about figuring out the portions.  There's more of a review at http://internetdiets.info/meal-replacement-shakes-are-not-enough

Good luck, and congrats on getting married!

TwoBoysTandT

Answer by TwoBoysTandT at 1:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It can be done. I lost 18 lbs in under 2 months and have kept it off. See my story here: http://planned-diet.com/isagenix-nutritional-cleansing/

mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 1:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2010