How much does your 2 yr old talk?

My DS is 30 mths and talks up a storm..some words only me and DH understand but others he can mostly hold a conversation pretty well..his words arent perfect though.like "little bear" is "bittle bear" or "hold my ball" is "you hold me ball" .... I was just wondering what your kids said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kid is 2.3 and does not say anywords..he is receiving early intervention.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I agree with PP, my youngest talks like she is interviewing to be a news reporter LOL. Just constant jibber. My youngest son had to have speech therapy at that age. Each child is definately different. My oldest daughter talked about the normal amount and same with my oldest son ( I have 4, sorry to confuse you LOL).
    Either way they all no how to yell MOMMY that is for sure.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My little girl talks all the time the time she is doesn't talk is when we want her. She is very bossy to her big sister too they other day I was getting them breakfast and I put it on table she say"Kai! here you go! EAT!" it was so funny. When we ask her something she tells us "I dunno." Aren't kids great?lol
    2girlsmomutah

Answer by 2girlsmomutah at 3:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• he's perfect, I think mostly girls talk alot more than boys (that continues throughout life) but if he is conversing with you even in his own language that's fantastic, and the english skills will come when it is time. Well done Momma, another box to tick !!!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• my dd is 23 months, and talks up a storm, and is very curious and informative, lol. my son, on the other hand, is 3, and is just learning how to talk. he will say 1 or 2 words once in awhile. but he is sooo smart.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When my now 3 and 1/2 year old was 2 he didn't talk at all. He babbled in his own language and communicated non-verbally but didn't even say mama or dada. I think he might have said duck a couple of times. We did early intervention through First Steps. Now he doesn't stop talking in two languages. His speech therapists seem to think his language delay was because we are a bilingual family. My husbands first language is spanish and he also speaks english as well as two other languages but I only speak english. So I guess there was a little confusion happening.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My DD, 12 years, talked early, but DS, 26 months, is still EXTREMELY limited in his speech. He will now say "hi" and "bye", and occasionally "Mama", but it's more like "mamamamamamamamamamamama", just a sound he knows I like. We are in the process of working with the early intervention coordinator, but may choose to wait until he's 3 and enroll him in a Head Start program.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• She can say everything. She speaks very clearly. Actually I can't get her to be quiet. Lol.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 8:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• my son can carry on conversations with adults, he talks really well.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• At 2, my daughter was a total chatter box and would never shut up. My son, at 2, had nothing in the world to say. By 3, he was chatting up a storm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2010