WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF MY BACK PAINS?

SOON2BMOMMIE009

Asked by SOON2BMOMMIE009 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? what type of pain?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If its general back pain the only remedy that I know is to get on all fours and sway your hips back and forth. Yes it looks silly but it honestly does help. Also floating around in a swimming pool works wonders. Not sure if you have a membership to a gym that has one or not; just thought it would help.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i agree with the wolfmomma about how good that all fours thing feels!!

i used to do that in the shower with the nice warm/hot water coming down on my back
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:15 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• stretch. get on all fours and pull your back towards to ceiling then while remaining on all fours, lift your head as up and arch your back. then you stretch it out by doing this move that looks like you are preying..lol..sit on your legs and bow down. Do not apply hot towels to your back because this can cause constractions.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 3:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• hot towels won't cause contractions unless everything else in your body is ready to go!
    Hot packs, hot bathes and massages are great for backache. I also had to have a pillow under my legs (under my knees) to sleep towrds to end of each pregnancy. If I didn't have a pillow under them at night I would just ache all night.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i always found a hot pad made my back ache worse during pregnancy. stretches are good, the cat n cow yoga pose works too. a chiropractor can be a pregnant woman's best friend!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• only thing is have ur s/o give u a back massage or go to a chriopractor .. do not take a hot bath its bad for you and your baby. i crack my own back.. especially my lower back where i have horrible pain and im only 14 weeks along.. if you cant crack ur own back a chiropracto will help for sure.
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• **sorry I should reword** a warm bath, not hot, they are right a hot bath is bad, but a warm bath can be heaven, that's why many women are choosing water births. I also spent lots of time on all fours, head down arching my back then opposite, (I don't know what it's called) Posture is really important when you are pregnant and good lifting practices. Your Chiro should be able to help with all that. If you're on your feet all day make sure your shoes have good support and soles, it all adds to the pressure on your back.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010