Mirena causing Pregnacy symtoms??? Or am I prego

I have had my MIRENA IUD for 9mo or so lately I have been sever preg. symptoms. so much I am having my DH run and get a test just in case. I also get really bad mirgaine headaches since its insertion. anyone else with these problems?

mjandkrMommy

Asked by mjandkrMommy at 4:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Health

• I had those same problems. I ALWAYS felt pregnant, and the headaches were awful. It's different for everyone, but for me it only go worse and worse. In addition to that after a year or so I started having very bad mood swings and panic attacks, which I had never dealt with before that, and my sex drive dropped to nothing. Also, I had very bad cramps that may or may not have been ovarian cysts. I had it removed after two years.
    For some people it's great. I just wasn't one of them, and if the pregnancy symptoms and headaches are an issue for you, it may not be great for you either.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yeah, agree with 1st poster.

I ALWAYS felt pregnant too.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i'm not sure if i actually feel preggers but it works 4me. i havent idont have a period and i havent gained weight. mirena doesnt cause weight gain. it is 99% effective and it is not common to get preggers on it. if someone does its basically terminal. u and ur embryos life is at risk. u cant take mirena out. miscarrage will occur but u cant leave it in either. then ur life is at risk. u can develop ectopic pregnancy. also its very common to have headaches, muscleaches, mood change ,and some spotting for the first year. however if u really believe u r it is impertive that u see a healthcare professional immediately
    TrogQueenE

Answer by TrogQueenE at 1:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2010