What do you think?

I recently read an article about a custody battle turned parent abduction. Two women were a couple, I believe had gotten legally married in their state and one of the partners gave birth to their child. (Of course only the one woman was biologically the mother.)
A few years later, they break up, and the biological mother turns "religious" and delcares homosexuality a "sin" and demands sole custody. She declares the other mother unfit because of her lifestyle.
Eventually, the biological mother (the gay one turned religious) abducts the child and disappears despite the courts ruling joint custody.

My question: Do you think the now religious mom has ANY right to declare the other mother unfit due to her remaining gay? How can a "former" gay person suddenly declare, with some kind of authority, that other gay people are now sinful enough to NOT have a child?!! DO your religious beliefs side with the "former" gay mom?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

•  Wow, it just goes to show how gays are smart and Christians are two faced.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• just b/c you are gay does not make you unfit. I personally am not gay but i do have gay friends and they are great people. Would make for just fine parents also. And just b/c some "Christians" are like that does not give you to lable Christians in general as two faces. to the answer above.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 7:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• One's sexual preference has no bearing on his/her ability to parent. Or to work, or a number of things.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i read about this and shook my head. for some people religion is a cover for mental illness and that is all i can think of for explaining this insanity
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I think the ex gay lady turn religious is playing her new found religion to rationalize an illegal act. Sexual preference has no bearing on being a good parent, all it takes is love and nurturing and understanding.

Answer by older at 8:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• the article i read also said that her "church" is helping hide her
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm on the side of the child who loves both parents and is now caught in the middle.  The child is the real victim here!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• well, obviously, the 'religious' mom is in the wrong legally-she took off with the child, whom i'm assuming wasn't supposed to have disappeared in the midst of the custody battle. does she have any right to declare her ex unfit?...she has the right to declare anything she wants, just doesn't make it true. would-be custodial parents drag things out of the closet (no pun intended) each time there is a court decision to be made pertaining to a child. its a fight to the finish, and rarely do they consider the child, IMO.
    it'll be interesting to see how this plays out, considering there actually is a bio-mom involved. could go either way, depending on the judge.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I don't agree with homosexuality or homosexuals having children. However it is wrong to take a child from a parent like that. I don't think it has much to do with religion I think that may just be a cover for her actions. If a straight parent did the same thing it would still be wrong!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No, I don't agree with the mother in any way! Homosexuality has nothing to do with how good of a parent someone is. And unless the child is in actual physical danger there is never a good reason to break a legal ruling... Religion is never a reason to up root children from a parent or their family...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2010