Why is it everytime I put my little one in her car seat, she poops? Does anyone else's little one do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hahaha my son did that as a newborn. My fiance and I always laughed about it because he would try and try to poop all day long and then literally the second we turned the car on and started to drive, bam, he went. Haha it could be the way she sits makes it easier for her to poo, or maybe the bumpy car ride makes her have to go.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No. Haha. She either is getting really relaxed in the carseat, or the position she is encourages an easy poo.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son never did that.. but he poops squatting now and always preferred to poop in an upright position (ie on my hip or me holding him with his legs scrunched up) . lol. He holds onto things and squats and poops now at almost a year old.

I bet it is the position!

If you want to, try setting her up in your lap similar to how she sits in her carseat, she may pooh like that .. or if she'll tolerate it just put her in her carseat (say, before you're gonna go somewhere) and rock her in it for a little bit and then see if she poohed so you can take her out and change her diaper before you leave. Always strap em in tho, even if you're just gonna sit there and rock her - my son could wriggle out of stuff like that REALLY young. If it's a convertible seat I guess you'll just have to wait til you get to where you're going.. knowing you'll need to stop to change her! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010