Burning bridges

My family recently had a meeting to discuss where my 91 yr old grandma will be placed since her health and mental status are at a point where she is unable to care for herself.for the past 6 years,my mom and aunt have been caring for her in their home.My grandma had 11 children,and all thru these years,7 of 11 have had next to zero contact with her.The meeting was a total disaster! my uncle threatened my aunt with physical violence(punch her in the f**king head),my mom was accused of abuse and neglect (not true) and 2 of them said they would take her home whether the others liked it or not.My grandma wants to go home,but she can't.She's being placed in a home for people with dementia.Anyone else go thru something like this with family going nuts? Her death is gonna bring out the evil even more from these people.Gee..can't wait! Sigh...

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

•   This is another great example that ONE Mother can raise 11 children BUT 11 children CAN NOT RAISE ONE MOTHER!! Very sad, and your right about the trouble that's gonna ensue when she dies! I have 5 brothers and sisters and my Mother always said that if we fight over anything when she dies, she will come back to haunt us till WE die!! hehe When she died 4yrs ago, we all stayed close and calm and asked each other if we could have certain things. It was a beautiful thing between siblings.I'm sure she was proud of us.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i am so sorry this is happening in your family ((hugs))
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• You're right. It's just going to get terrible when she dies. Please make sure she has taken care of her will, or better yet, given away all her stuff before she dies. MIL's dad died 2 months ago. Her mom passed 1 year prior (to the day) and now all hell is breaking loose between her and her siblings, 7 total grown adults fighting over tons of shit and stupid issues.

There was also nothing but fighting between the siblings when my grandparents passed as well. The greedy monster really comes out in people. It's really, really sad.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• The day my dad was buried my step-sister could not wait to get me to her house to throw the will in my face. The evil step-mom and dad signed everything over to her even before they died, so i would get nothing. But i expected this. I knew for years that this was coming, so i did not get upset about it, i accepted it. My step-sister was looking for a negative reaction out of me, she was wanting me to get upset, and she got upset when she seen i didn't. She wanted to rub it in my face that i got nothing. She was my dad's step-daughter, not his bio child. The land belonged to my dad's family and my dad inherited that land long before the step-mom came into the picture. But that was the step-mom's plan all along, to take everything of dad's and give it all to her children. And she did just that. She talked my dad into them signing everything over to her daughter. I was not close to my dad after he married her.
    Anonymous