Do you think of your self as stupid sometimes?

I am so mad at myself...I babysit for a living and from day one anytime a child was ill I would not accept them but for one I don't know what the hell I was thinking so everytime this child was slightly sick I took him (while the other mom's knew better than to bring them atleast they had some sense) Anyway this child had a slight fever and now 2 days later my own kids are feeling sick/fever now my dd is crying bc she wants to go to school but I can not send her...not with fever 100.8
Now I need to tell this person I can not accept her anymore when she is sick I can not believe I let it go like this and I can't believe she is a nurse and doesn't snap to this....arrggg common sense lady...She probably does it so she won't have to miss work but now my dd is missing school bc of her kid and it is all my fault I know I should of say something from day one...stupid me :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This sort of thing happens to me a lot. I over look a rule because I am trying to be nice and it bites me in the butt in the end. I'm sorry your kiddos are not feeling well. You're not stupid, just kind. A more hard assed person would have turned her away at the door. There is nothing wrong with kindness, but sometimes people will take advantage. I'd rather be the dummy once in a while and remain kind than add to all the negativity in the world just to protect my own interests.

I hope the kiddos feel better!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i understand were u are coming from thats my fist..my 2nd is also your dd could have gotton it from her own school.. sometimes a cold dosent rear its uglyness till a few days after the person has been afected so to speak. so your dd couldve gotton sick in school on monday.. it can be the same way with lice u send your kid to school and low and behold they come home with a note from the school and the nurse.. sometimes things just happen. i also babysit but when my son has or gets sick i will tell the women i babysit for whats going on then its her chioce to drop her child off or not. now im normaly home all day and once a week i go food shoping...and low and behold my son got pink eye ( not from my dd who is in school ) just my son...i can only assume he might have gotton it from the stores carriage ( the kind that has a stering wheel for the kids ) but if your policy is no sick kids then stick to ur policy. good luck..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• when a child is sick , it 's better for the child to stay home, so no one eles gets sick. At least the first 3 days of the cold. and after that try not to get to close and protect your kids and your self as best as you can.;)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2010