Health Insurance for all?

Why don't the liberal elite start a business that caters to health care for all? Soros, Oprah, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt.

Could it be because they KNOW they will lose money? So then it is wise to mandate taxpayers to lose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• now thats an idea
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• so this morning is bitch about health care ? i didnnt get that memo darn it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Wow, pretty strong tone's here this morning. The rich and famous don't own Insurance Companies because they know the fraud and red tape involved with it. Much of the fraud, by the way, comes from the drs., clinics and hospitals. Not the average person.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• The much defamed Joe Wilson suggested while the house healthcare bill was being debated that all of congress should go on the public option. He offered an ammendment to the bill requiring the congressmen go on that plan. He was voted down. WHy? Because even those in favor of it don't want that coverage. Telling if you ask me.

The elite of our country give back in other ways. And in my mind, Oprah has done enough. She brought us Obama. Obviously our country doesn't need her kind of help anymore. Seriously though there are charities set by the elite to help our country in other ways.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I just wonder how many of the people screaming that "Health Care is a RIGHT!" and who want free HC remember the days BEFORE health insurance? When Mom & Dad paid the DR in CASH after each visit, worked out a payment plan if there was going to be some on-going care for a while? Do they even realize that health insurance is a very recent "right" that we did fine without for a very long time? Makes me wonder how our ancestors managed to survive at all without health insurance??? People got sick in the 1700's too. I think that if it was such a fundamental human right, the Founding Fathers would have included it in there with the right to practice whatever religion you want and the right to a speedy trial by your peers. I do know that the Constitution can be amended, but this is not something that should be in the Constitution. This (H/C) is a personal thing, covered by the pursuit of happiness line in the Pre. of DoI.

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When Mom & Dad paid the DR in CASH after each visit, worked out a payment plan if there was going to be some on-going care for a while? Do they even realize that health insurance is a very recent "right" that we did fine without for a very long time? Makes me wonder how our ancestors managed to survive at all without health insurance??? People got sick in the 1700's too. I think that if it was such a fundamental human right, the Founding Fathers would have included it in there with the right to practice whatever religion you want and the right to a speedy trial by your peers. I do know that the Constitution can be amended, but this is not something that should be in the Constitution. This (H/C) is a personal thing, covered by the pursuit of happiness line in the Pre. of DoI.

THIS^ ~13

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• This (H/C) is a personal thing, covered by the pursuit of happiness line in the Pre. of DoI.
    BINGO
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• What 29Again said.

15

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm with the "homegirls" on this one. I think modern insurance is part of the problem. We didn't have insurance when I was a kid, in fact I didn't have it until after college.

1

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My folks had 13 kids without insurance, dad always paid the bill. I did not have insurance when my kid was born, cost me $600.. My office visits were $3.00 each time. Dr. & hospitals did not charge an outrages amount till everybody started getting insurance.

17

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010