What would you do?

Ok so anybody with kiddos knows that income tax time is awesome!!!This is the first year that my husband and I could file together and I was so excited, until we got to the tax preparer.I have a step son,he lives with his mother and over this year she has rubbed it in our face that she has extra money where we don't.On top of that my in laws love her!!They help her in anyway shape form or fashion and my family is left out.So I was so excited cause I thought finally I can spoil my kiddos and my husband cuz now we would be able to afford it!I never really ask about the child support my husband pays cause it comes out regularly each check. But when we got to the tax preparer he suddenly comes out that he is behind about $1000 dollars on child support!Now our income tax check is at the mercy of the Attorney General, it could take up to six months to get it!How would you handle this knowing your kids have gone without for so long?

cgonzales542

Asked by cgonzales542 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• cgonzales542

I would be upset too but from what I understand, there's not really anything that can be done unless you can find someone willing to give you a tax loan for now. Now about your husband having a child by someone else. What about all the single moms that have kids already. Where would they be if all men didn't want to date a woman that already has a child? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have no problem with innocent kids. It's a whole different story if he had 5 or 6 kids by other women. Good luck with everything cgonzales542!

Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 11:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I can see why you are upset, but I don't know if there is anything you can do. How did it get behind if it is automatically deducted from your husband's pay checks?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i have no remorse for men that doesnt pay child support like there suppose too so hes the one who screwed up and thats his problem that he has to deal with if he would have payed he would have gotten his taxes........geeze...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• What would I do? Pay the child support. It is the right thing to do and the legal thing to do. You have little choice in the matter. If you do not pay, your husband's wages will be garnished and if he has no wages to garnish he will serve jail time.

It makes no difference if you feel she has more money than you do or not. They have a child support agreement and he should adhere to it.

Like anon said, I have no sympathy for a man that gets behind in child support and I also have no sympathy for his new wife. You knew you married a man with an x-wife and child. Child support just goes along with it.

If you end up divorced in a few years, you would want him to pay your full child support agreement and not get behind on payments.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I would make sure my husband pays his child support on time each month.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• How did he get behind if it comes out of his check?

There is nothing you can do, until this gets cleared they will hold on to it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• First of all, I would not marry a man who has kids with someone else. This is an old story. Second wives complaining because their husband is actually made to support all his kids. It doesn't sound like it's being dedcugted from his checks if he is behind. I have no sympathy for a man who won't pay child support. Grow up already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• This is what happens. My x's wife hates it that I get all their tax refund but he should have paid his child support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• For those of you who feel as though I am an idiot for marrying a man who had a previous relationship that ended with a child, kiss my ass! You know this is why many people are so bitter! You reach out of your comfort zone to ask for some advice and all you get are people who are quick to judge!! I love my husband and my step son and I don't dispute the fact that there is child support due there! But for some of you to make my husband out to be a piece of shit for having a son before he got married,is un called for! If you can't give positive advice then keep your damn mouth shut!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sorry but you did marry this guy knowing he had other kids.

Have your hubby get a second job for fun money.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2010