Weird question.....

So I had my daughter 11 months ago and I breastfeed. Well it seems like for the first like 10 months my boobs were only big and perky looking when I was really full and saggy and small looking the rest of the time especially after she ate. Well for the past monthish they seem to be big and perky no matter what... What can cause this? Also, for the past few weeks my boobs have had a weird body odor smell. (gross I know) It doesn't smell like regular b.o but different. What can cause that? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no clue on the smell unles you are engorged and leaking some and have a bit of soured milk.

My guess on the being larger and firmer would be either your baby is taking in less milk due to increased solids, so you are just getting a little engorged or you are pregnant. I got pregnant 10 months post partum while BFing my 1st child and then again at the same time frame while BFing my 2nd child. My breast firmed up and got a bit larger with both pregnancies. It was one of my first pregnancy symptoms.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Second thought, I do have a thought on the smell. You may just be smelling your breast milk more strongly because you are pregnant. Pregnancy causes a super sensitive sense of smell and when I'm pregnant, breast milk smell really bad to me.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010