White Tattoo(s)

Yesterday I went and got a lip mark colored in with the Puerto Rican flag and its beautiful..BUT-he didn't put the white in the stripes or the stars cuz he said white is generally used for shading and what not. I'm dark skinned-not black-dark brown...and I'm wondering would it look right? Cuz although I love the tattoo I feel like I want the FULL effect! Also it woulda been nice had they told me this-BEFORE tattooing me. (Didn't know what to categorize this under)

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 9:41 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• And I meant Star with NO "s"...Puerto Rican flag only has one star.
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 9:43 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• White is very hard to see and it fades so fast you will not know it was even there. Most of the time they don't use white to color anything because it will have to be redone several times a year. I had white put in one of tattoos and you can not even tell it is there, same with my hubby. I am tan from the sun and you still couldn't see the white after about a month.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• A excellent tattoo artist can get white to look good & not fade as fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Anonymous is right!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have memorial tat for my daughter. its dove and the tips of the doves wings are white. white does show up but does also have to be touched up at least once a year
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 9:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• White tattoo ink is tricky. There are a lot of factors that can affect the outcome of it. White ink works best with pale skin because there is less melanin in the skin that covers the ink. The ink can mix with the stencil marks creating a greyish color, and sometimes the ink will show as a yellowish color or become transparent. There are tattoo artists who work with white, but they are harder to come by. I would suggest calling around and speaking to someone who has experience in working with white ink.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2010