second baby

i got pregnant with my first at 21 and i gained minimal wt and my bod snapped right back with no stretchmarks, thank heavens! i will be 28 when my second is born... two questions: will my bod go back like it did before? and two: if the first one was two weeks early, what is the likely hood the second will be early?

mrsmostafa

Asked by mrsmostafa at 9:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well I dont know about the 1st question because I didnt go right back into shape after my 1st and its different for everyone but the 2nd I do know. They say if you delivered early then the chances of doing it again are greater, but I know many people that were early with their 1st and late with their 2nd. I delivered my 1st 8 days early and my 2nd 6 days early. It just depends on if the baby is ready!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No one can tell you that you will get your body back after baby. You are the one that has to work hard at that. Also you could go early but you also could do late. Every pregnancy is different. So we can not tell you that either. I was one that had my first early and my second earlier. but my friend has her first early and then her second was a week past the due date. It all depends on when you conceived. Good luck and don't stress about these things. Just enjoy your pregnancy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I retained more of the pregnancy weight with the second. But no stretch marks either time. A bit of weakening in the abs.

My first was premature, the second was right on time, so one baby being born early doesn't guarantee that the next will be.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I didnt bounce back after I had my 1st but I did bounce back after I had my 2nd and 3rd and 1st was 16 days early 2nd was 21 days early 3rd was 20 days early.. so it just depends on the baby and when the baby is ready to make its appearance..GL
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 9:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• With my first my body took about six months or so before I really got back down to my prebaby weight. I got stretch marks at the end, really bad but they faded quite a bit. With my second, I thought I wouldn't get the stretch marks again, at least to the extent I did before but went overdue again and they came out all over again. I have not managed to get rid of the weight so easy. I got to about 15 pounds of my prebaby weight and have stayed there. No matter what I do I can't drop the weight. As for the second baby comingn early too, I don't know about that. Both of mine were overdue. I don't think anyone can really say what makes a baby come early. When there is not something going on with the mother like some health issue, pre existing or pregnancy related.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I don't know what will happen with you because everyone is different..but my experience has been this. I had my first at the age of 23 and I weighed less than I did before I even got pregnant after I had my son. Body went back and was even better,lol. Fast forward...have baby number two at the age of 32...gained twice as much as I did with my first and it won't go away!! Depressing. Sigh. Bodies do change as we get older. Just try to eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy and low key excercise. With my 2nd I was too dang sick all the time and in too much pain in my pelvis and had to be on bedrest to move as much as I should have. So now I have...santa claus booty and a humpty dumpty figure,LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2010