Anyone having issues with hair loss after pregnancy?

I'm almost 3months pp and it's so annoying having to sweep my hair from the kitchen floor, seeing it in the tub, on baby's blankets etc. How much is too much?

Gelijones

Asked by Gelijones at 9:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Many new moms are surprised to find themselves shedding more hair than usual in the first few months after giving birth, but it's perfectly normal. And there's no need to panic: You won't go bald. In fact, your hair should be back to normal by your baby's first birthday.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-hair-loss_11721.bc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i shed like crazy for about 6 months after i gave birth.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• fyi dont know if it has anything to do with it or not but trauma to the body ( such as giving birth ) can trigger your thyroid to start working overtime or stop working which can cause hair loss dont know if thats whats going on but just so you know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I lost gobs of hair... I kept clogging up the shower! But most of the hair loss is just hair you didn't loose while pregnant... however I found I lost a bit more than that and my hair got a little thin... BUT it has all started to grow back. So if at around 12 months post partum your hair hasn't started to thicken back up I would talk to your doctor about it, but it's likely it will go back to normal.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Thyroid was what I was concerned about. I might just go and get blood work.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 10:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• YES! I lost handfuls of hair. I was terrified to wash it in the shower because my hands would be covered in hair. There would be hair all over the walls as well, and it clogged the drain nearly every week. I didn't want to put my hair in a ponytail because of the obvious patches of bare scalp. It's slowed, and my hair is pretty much back to normal. It took about six months for it to stop. I hated it!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I lost a lot of hair after having my son. It was drving me nuts. Thankfully it stopped around 6 months or so.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It's completely normal. During pregnancy your body stops the natural shedding process that it normally would go through every month so after you give birth and your pregnancy hormones are gone the body starts shedding all the hair it didn't shed over the past 9 months. It's annoying but nothing to worry about.

crying OH the things we go through as mothers! LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yup. Why couldn't we lose hair on our legs instead of our head?
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• EVERYONE has hair loss after having a baby :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010