Does your DH/SO support your hobbies, interest or extra activities?

I am struggling with this - My DH kind of thinks my hobby is a waste of time and money although I bring in $$ from selling my finished product! And I could make more and sell more if he took on more baby raising responsibilities.

Any one else have similar issues?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 10:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• MIne used to not support my couponing but once he saw the REAL savings, he became an avid supporter
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I applied to go to school in August, was so excited, it's not going to cost him anything, I got a grant... All he could say was "you better not meet some guy or teacher." I told him from the start the reason I want to go to school was so he could have a break when I go to work, and take some of the burden off of him, and to better myself. Yeah it sucks, but all I can do is show him it's not just for me it's for our whole family...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i hadnt painted for years but always loved it. my boyfriend surprised me christmas eve by leaving an easel and several canvases as well as several brushes and a rainbow of paints while i was at my parents home for dinner with my son
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 10:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• oops. i am sorry.. didnt read all the way thru... :( keep on keeping on, it's your art and your release. to hell with him.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 10:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yes. hubby is very supportive of my hobbies and insists that i have a life outside of our four walls. He is sop supportive of my helping clear a neglected cemetery the past three Christmases I have gotton the coolest tool. it has one motor and you change the weed whacker, leaf blower and next year the pole saw attachment is on my list. I am ahappier person because I have a life and youe hubby has to get with the program cuz- if mama ain't happy ain't NO ONEhappy.
    Good luck with gettting him to see reason
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• dh has my similar interests...so we're both supportive of each other........although I'm not partial to his gaming habit. Its not terrible but occasionally I think of the 80 dollars he's spending on a retarded game as a waste....but I keep that to myself....I'm sure he thinks me spending money on new shoes here and there is a waste too LOL
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Only if I can do it when he isn't home, if I need him to watch the kids you'd think I was pulling teeth. It sucks and we are sqwabbling about it a lot right now.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 10:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• my hubsters adores me even more when im sitting at my sewing machine, doing photo shoots, painting, drawing, crafting, and beaming at my finished masterpieces!
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 10:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I don't have many hobbies anymore LOL. But he's always been pretty supporting. I'm the one with a problem with HIS "hobbies" (if you can consider sitting at his computer all day reading mangas & playing online computer games a HOBBY lol). Lately he has had a problem with me looking for other mommy friends in the area though...he just doesn't understand that our current friends & I have a really hard time relating now that we have a baby & they are mostly all single & just wanting to party all because HE doesn't feel the friendships have changed at all (we have mostly the same group of friends). IDK, maybe it's just me being hormonal or something LOL. Okay, I'll end this rant now LOL.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I am very lucky, I am a jeweler for Premier Designs and a Longaberger Consultant. I also make and sell jewelry and tutus and my husband is very supportive, is happy to have date night or game night with our girls when I have shows or he gives me ideas for some of my products, he also loves the photos that I take of our girls and is happy to show them off. I am very blessed.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2010