I am almost 3 mth pregnant, my morning sickness is really bad, everything I eat or drink make me throw up. Is there anything that can help me stop throwing up??

traciaphan

Asked by traciaphan at 10:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB and ask them. At 3 months, hopefully it will ease off soon but there are medications you can try.

Answer by missanc at 10:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Did you try saltines yet? Thats the ONLY way I got out of bed every morning. They saved my day~!~ Good Luck~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My mom always said to suck on chocolate or peppermint or eat saltine crackers. The sucking on chocolate always worked for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I was sick all day with my pregnancy, and I tried everything to alleviate the problem. The only thing that worked for me were the motion sickness wrist bands that you can get at the drug store. You wear them about two finger widths down from the first line you see on your wrists (where the and and wrist join) and let the bead sit right on the middle. It's supposed to be an acupuncture pressure point. I was skeptical, but it sure worked! It got me though the worst of it.

I had to put mine on as soon as I woke up in the morning, before the nausea hit, and I took it off right before going to bed. Sometimes I slept with mine on as I was still nauseous.

I also drank a peppermint/chamomile tea called "Sleepy Time" that seemed to help. There's also "Mother's Tea" that does the same. I had to stop, though, because the tea was dehydrating. Go figure!

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I was told B6, ginger tea, saltines in the morning, keeping my stomach full (which is impossible when you're puking everything up). I was prescribed nausea meds which didn't help either. Mine went away at 14 weeks so HOPEFULLY yours is going to ease up soon!!! If you're loosing weight like I was (went from 123-114 in the first two months) you NEED to talk to your OB! The ONLY thing that ever helped me was weed (2-3 hits a week, smoked from 10-14 weeks).... but I don't recommend that if you can find something else! Seriously my last resort!!! I know how horrible it is when nothing stays down at all and how hungry and worried you get!! Trust me, if you can't keep anything down the baby WILL eat you! dd was born 3 years ago now and my bones are STILL sticking out of my body from those first months! Talk to your ob, try nausea meds and I PRAY it goes away soon! GL mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My doctor gave me anti nausea medication for it. It works but makes me really really tired...so I guess you take the good with the bad,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Ginger or ginger pills.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Naseau pills from the doctor...Might help sooth the sickness for a little bit during the day, but I still had to keep any activities very minimal and pretty much none. the only thing i could keep down on my terrible days was a couple cheerios and VITAMIN WATER. I coudln't drink anything else besides Vitamin water or I'd throw up. I don't know what it was about it or in it that helped. Gotrade didn't work at all either...
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 11:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• im 5 months and still feel just like you do. I tried anything and everything!! I was soo aginst medication but i lost 22 pounds so i had to do something. My doc put me on Zofran. It has saved me. I still dont feel great but it stops the throwing up. Just eat very bland foods. Baked potatoes, apple sauce, rice crispies. Try to stay hydrated. I ended up in the hospital because of being dehydrated. Just take care of yourself and relax! Hopefully it will be comming to an end soon for you!! Good Luck and COngrats!!
    Anonymous

• i was like that all 9 mts wit both my kids. zofran helped a little.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2010