help with figuring out ovulation dates

i've never tried to track before, we would just wing it and if i got pregnant great. anyway, i seem to be starting my period on the 5th of the month. how long is my cycle and when am i ovulating, when am i fertile?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• it may take a few months to track exactly when you have your period. usually you ovulate within two weeks BEFORE you start your period each month, and there are about 2-3 days within that, that you are most fertile. I would suggest getting some LH surge sticks at walmart or wherever you buy your personal supplies. They should be right by the pregnancy test and you so the same thing...pee on them. lol This is how I determined when to have sex so we could get pregnant. Just read the instructions for those!
    In the mean time, track your period. Write down on a calendar when you start and when you stop. I tracked my period after a couple consecutive months to starting exactly 4 weeks and 1 day to the DAY of when i'd start my period again. It may be a little harder if you have an irregular period, but with that even, you can track approx dates! Good luck! xoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Google the Fertility Awareness Method, the best way to track when your ovulation is is by tracking your BBT, cervical mucus and such.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• 10 to 14 days after you get your pd. get a ovulation test
    clark.s.mommy

Answer by clark.s.mommy at 10:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2010