What should I do with all of this formula??!

I kept getting samples of infant formula in the mail.. Now I'm getting toddler formula in the mail.. I breastfeed so I have never used any of it. I have 8 cans of infant formula - two of which are very large - and 2 cans of toddler formula. It's varying brands.

I don't know where to begin looking for the food pantry, so should I try to find the local WIC office and take it there? Who do you think could use it the most?

And as a sidenote question, did anyone else who breastfeeds get all this formula in the mail too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep - I have always given to the local Pregnancy Life Care Center - google it , or google the local food pantry, it should be in there.

Answer by missanc at 10:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Take it to a local food pantry or a women's shelter.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Oh yes, I have offered it up on Freecycle, or if there is a crisis pregnancy center near you that could be a good option as well =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• call your local welface office or wic office and find out where it can best go to help soeone hon
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I know salvation army here in my town gives out things like diapers and such that have been donated to them...try calling them and asking.
    I breastfed, but didn't get all that. I think it depends on who you sign up with to recieve information and promotional things, even in the hospital etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Bring it to the Wic clinic or your medical clinic, that is where I always went begging for free formula when I was in need of formula!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I took my extra back to the WIC office since they bought mine in the first place!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Womans Shelter. Or here in UT, we have the local news website with a classifieds section... post it for free.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 10:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• A women's shelter that accepts children too would be a great place to take it. WIC probably wouldn't take it since they use vouchers for stores instead of giving it directly. I don't understand why BFing moms get all the samples but us who FF (I wanted to BF but so many things got in the way both emotionally & medically) don't get them! I haven't recieved one single sample in the mail for formula, only a few coupons!! How did you start getting the samples to begin with?? I would really like to get on some kind of mailing list or something...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I gave mine to friends or relatives who could use it, and I didn't know anyone that could use it, I gave it to a food bank.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2010