Formula turned grey?!

Every morning I put a spoonful of pureed bananas in 6 ounces of formula for my daughter in her sippy cup so she can have a "tasty" breakfast. I have done this for about 3 weeks now. Also, I am using the same formula I always do, and I just opened it up yesterday so I know it is not gone bad. The only difference is I usually do not use the bottle warmer for her morning meal, only her night one that does not have the bananas. However, today is very cold so I heated it up. I've used the bottle warmer daily without this happening, even with the same sippy cup. Everything was cleaned as well. The thing is, as soon as I took the cup from the warmer and shook it, I noticed the formula had turned grey! What could have caused this to happen!? Could it have been heating it with the bananas, or is this something else!? I cannot think of what it could have been!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bananas turn gray after a while. Whenever I leave the bowl from baby's bananas in the sink and come back later to wash it it has turned gray.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It's the banana in it just as long as your baby eats it right away it should be ok just don't leave it laying around all day whatever they don't finish throw the rest away after a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Hmmmm... I BF so I don't know about formula. Maybe you should take it back to the store? I don't think I would serve it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I agree its the bananas.
    Anonymous

• It's the bananas. they can turn black when warmed. and when mixed with the formula, it can be gray
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2010