Doesn't anyone else think this Tiger Woods thing is ridiculous?

I mean, I don't know about any of you, but I do NOT feel entitled to an explanation or apology for something someone does in their life which does not affect me in any way...am I in the minority? Why this huge press conference and statement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG, I so agree with you. Since when is his messing around on his wife worthy of taking up all the channels on tv for his press release.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm with you. This concerns no one but his family and himself. People say oh but he is a celebrity and he has to hold himself up to better standards. Phooey. Of course what he did is wrong but he din't do it to anyone but himself and his family. If your kid was in awe of him, it's your responsibility to tell them that what he did was wrong and no one is perfect but it is up to him to work through it with god and his family. It's no one elses business
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I used to be (what I thought) was Tiger's biggest fan. I love golf. Tiger is close to my age. I enjoyed following him on the PGA tour, even got to watch him play a few times. But I think all this hype and crap is UNbelievable. He lost respect from me. He was a solid male athlete role model for youngsters.. Till now. ehhh.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It was not a press realease. It was a prepared statement almost three months in the making. No, what he did does not affect me personally but that does not mean I think he should just be allowed to go on playing that stupid game, pretending like he is a devoted family man and raking in millions. He is a horrible excuse for a human being and should go away and stay away. I'm so sick of celebs and athletes acting like complete amoral assholes and the world going "he didn't cheat on me, he didn't hit me, so it doesn't matter to me." God forbid one of them actually have to pay.
    Anonymous

• I don't give a rat's butt about Tiger Woods, never have, even before he decided to screw anything in a skirt.
    Anonymous

• He's a human being with flaws just like all of you. What gives you the right to be so judgmental?
    Anonymous

• meh.
    having lots of money, big corporations backing you and world full of pissed off fans will make you believe you have to kisses more than a few asses to return to your normal life. He and his "team" know that if he is to rebound at any level then this whatever you want to call it HAD to be done. There were some who felt he needed to open up and let people see that he was actually human (honestly, up til now he always seemed to me to be very cold and rigid).

Many have lost total respect for him but regardless to what you think, the sport of golf while it has it's share of very talented players and someone is bound to come along and surpass him (right now that person has yet to appear) it needs and wants Tiger back. No one has done what he almost alone has done for the sport.

If he truly keeps his nose clean most people will forgive him in due time. But I agree he owes me no apology. Nice to see that he did tho.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It must mean something to you

you made a CM post about it

Anonymous

• What I get tired of is the way these people, celebrities, political people, etc. get put up on a pedestal as though they are the epitome of what a person should be, simply because they play a sport well, do a good job acting, whatever. They have a job just like most of us and they do it well, just like most of us do OUR jobs well. They are human, they make mistakes and sometimes do awful things...just like the rest of us. Appreciating their talent is fine but really, I see no reason to "idolize" or look up to them any more than you would anyone else who does whatever they do to the best of their ability. One thing I haven't figured out. How come no one is publically castrating the women involved? Why are people so willing to excuse the behavior of the other parties involved in this stuff? They are equally guilty of wrong-doing.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Honestly I never believed his little "i'm such a clean guy " act in the first place. However, my husband loved him and my husband is a golf pro and works part time as an assistant golf pro for one of our city golf courses. I keep telling him that who Tiger hurt was his wife and kids and that he should stay away from the game for a long while and work on those relationships. He doesn't owe us an apology and it sounded like a rehearsed bunch a bull to me anyway. But he said he hurt the sport as well. Whatever. I never bought for a second anyway. I guess he did hurt his fans.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010