Zoloft....has it worked for you?

I was recently prescibed Zoloft for depression. I am hoping it works..I have been so depressed. So much has gone wrong in the past few months, its hard for me to mentally cope with it all..on top of being pregnant.We do have a history of depression and suicide in our family, so I realize this is also genetic. I had to do something because I ws waking up in the middle of the night and staying awake for hours worrying about what I would do with all my personal items if something should hapen to me. In my mind, I would divide everything up..of who would get what and what I would write in a letter to make each person feel better about me not being here.SO..I HAD to do something. Is anyone else out there on Zoloft and did it work for you? I've also been on Lexapro and Cymbalta but can't take those while pregnant. Any words would be helpful..and please be kind. Thanks for reading.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Health

• I was on Prozac for years and it was a life saver. It did get to be a pain with the sexual side effects though so I asked to be switched. I've tried Lexapro but it didn't work so I was put on Wellbutrin XL and have been on it for years. Don't worry about what people say. You have to do what you have to do. I have tried to get off the meds a couple of times but within a few months
    I know I need to get back on. I have chronic depression not brought on by any incident. Some people have to have lifelong meds and some can get off. You just have to find the right medicine. Sometimes the oldies are better than the newer ones.
    Good luck finding one that works, it is out there.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I was put on Zoloft for post partum. I didnt like it personally, it made me feel like a zombie and my husband said I didn't act myself. But I FELT better. The only thing is there is a side effect for your sex drive and it hit me HARD.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I've experienced depression on and off since I was a teenager. Each and everytime I slip back into it I think, okay, what am I doing different? The answer, I stopped taking fish oil. The faster results come with a higher quality product, my fav is NutraSea, and they make one now with vit D, which I've been using this winter because seasonal depression is something I've had my whole life, except this year! Good Luck, oh, and the nutrasea doesn't come back on you , and there's no fishy taste or smell, both my kids take it and they're 1 and 3. ( the bonus is it's really high in DHA for smart babies)
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 12:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010