what if baby has gas real bad what should i do?

should i take baby to emergency or just find medication to give?

mrsriddle08

Asked by mrsriddle08 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Help my baby has really bad gas and I dont know what to do ...
    Help my baby has really bad gas and I dont know what to do! ... After doing this several times, she should be tooting like a sailor. :D ...
    answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060814170209AAhBXv2
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My baby had really bad gas too. I rub his belly counterclockwise and slowly push his knees up to his chest... it works sometimes but not always.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My oldest had that really bad, I would to the knee to the chest thing and give him baby gas drops they sell them over the counter. Hope some of this helps.
    nikkeed

Answer by nikkeed at 12:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My DS Noah has bad gas and has had it since he was born. A lady at our church suggested we go to the natural food store and buy what's called Gripe water. It's just like Milecone drops but it's much better for them. You put it in their bottle via a suringe and it has helped Noah immensly try that and see if it helps.
    angeljosh

Answer by angeljosh at 1:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yeah bending their legs flexing helps, also the gas drops if it's severe enough that they are in screaming pain! You can change the diet a little if your baby has gas pains daily. I wouldn't worry just try to comfort and sometimes bouncing a little. Good luck!
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It depends on what you are feeding her. If it's breastmilk, look at your diet the last few days. Try cutting out dairy first, and anything that may cause you gas...they can get that from you, too.
    If you are FF, you should look into changing the formula. If she's having gas bad enough to use drops or things like that,she's not agreeing with the formula.
    wearingyourbaby

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 1:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2008