Anybody have to go to the dentist while pregnant?

I have a bad tooth, is it ok to go? First pregnancy so just wondering? Thanx!

crvgirl82

Asked by crvgirl82 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes its ok. just let them know your preggers:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes, and it's actually a good idea since pregnancy tends to be hard on the teeth anyway. Just let them know so they won't do xrays, but other than that you're fine.

Answer by missanc at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I had to go during my 3rd, wisdom tooth issues. Usually the dentist will require a note from your OB stating what they can and can't do to you while pregnant.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yes. it is fine. especially if you are in your second trimester. i had a lot of dental work done while pregnant. i even had a crown taken care of during my first trimester with my second. just let them know you are pregnant that way they can double shield you if they need to do x rays and use the very basic novacaine. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• YES! Do go! It is important for your health and your baby's health to have a healthy mouth. They will protect your tummy with a big lead apron if you need X-Rays.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes it's actually suggested to do so.

They won't do cavities, and dental work in the 1st trimester, a check up exam is fine. I went and got my two cavities filled when I was in my second trimester....

I was going to get my wisdom removed, but I was in the 3rd trimester, and the chair was so uncomfy, I opted out to do it later.

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yes its suggested.

An infection of any kind..including in you mouth can cause preterm labor.. trust me a yeast infection caused my to go into preterm labor at 20 weeks.

Go in and see them and let them know you're pregnant.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• don't you see a dentist every six months?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I know that during the first 19weeks that there was no way that I would have been able to go to a dentist. I threw up every time I brushed my teeth. I do know that as long as you can handle it that it is a good idea to go and just let them know when you make the appointment.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010