taking mucinex while pregnant

have you heard of anyone doing it during the early weeks of pregnancy?? Or even Sudafedrine?

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 12:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I took Mucinex when I was pregnant with my second baby. My doctor said it was just Guaifenesin to get rid of a cough. I don't know about Sudefedrin. You might want to call your doctor.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i wouldn't take it pregnant or not...
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Mucinex is an expectorant, it is safe at any time- pregnant, nursing, or not. All it does is help thin out mucous so that you can expel it- using it in conjunction with a decongestant negates the positive effectiveness of its intended use.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Drinking a lot of fluid/water will be just about as effective as taking mucunex. Also breathing humidified air will also help and be worlds safer. I know this is late but hopefully still useful.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 11:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2010