Have you ever said "MY CHILD WOULD NEVER BEHAVE LIKE THAT!"

Have you ever found yourself acting like your children are perfect and never misbehave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Only before I had kids.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Not like my kids are perfect, but ive seen behaviors that i WOULD NOT tolerate in public places!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• nope not with mine! LOLOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i said that before i had kids...oops!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm with kimposible. I thought I knew everything about raising kids till I had a couple of my own. I'm actually shocked that my son stays on green everyday at school. He actually feels bad if his color gets changed. He is a sneaky little thing at home and pretends not to be upset by consequences. I told his teachers that he's a real stinker and if he acts up then i'd totally believe it. Thing is, he doesn't act up at school LOL. It's so wierd.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• LOL, before I actually had kids! Today we had to go to Urgent Care for a horrible ear infection,,,,DS was horrible! I giggled on the way home because I could see the young and newly engaged receptionist thinking the exact same thing in her head! When we left the Dr, came out and told her just wait---you just wait LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I think mothers and fathers CAN say this to a certain extent. Its just a fact that some things one parent lets her child get away with, my child doesn't try because she knows discipline will follow. For example I cared for a 2 year old who can't go to the grocery store without knocking things off the shelf and screaming until he gets what he wants. Well thats not something my daugher would go through the grocery store doing. Not because she's so unique, but because I discipline that behavior.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My oldest child was a perfect baby and pre-schooler. I was a freelance writer, and I could take him to the library at 2-3 years old, while I did research, and even when I went and interviewed people for articles, and he would be a "perfect angel". I remember thinking that if other people were as good of parents as I was, their kids would behave as well as mine. Then I had my 2nd child..... and boy did I have to eat some words!!!! I have 3 boys, ages 18, 20 & 27, and at some point every one of them has been "challenging"!! Yeah, I'm afraid I paid for those thoughts......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If you mean telling me to shut up or hitting me then yes. My kids will never act that way they have respect. All kids are naughty at some point but the only time I ever think or say that is when the child is pure demon spawn.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 1:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Before I had mine...My Mom always told me " Never talk about any body else's kids because you never know how yours will turn out.." My first daughter was so easy and I thought I knew it all and was prepared for my second but she was totally different and a real struggle in some ways..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010