My 2 month olds watery eye...

Since she was born, one eye has always gooped up. The doc said warm cloth clean it, and I've done that for 2 months and it's still getting goopy all day.

I'm going to cal her doc. today, but has anyone else had this happen? If so what was it?

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 12:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, my LO is very prone to watery goopy eyes. Every time she gets the least bit congested her eyes goop up. A few times the Dr. has prescribed antibiotic ointment for it when it gets really bad. she said some babies are just prone to this, and as long as the tear duct is not blocked (the watery suggests that it is not!) then it is fine. Other babies will tend to back up in their ears and get frequent ear infections. I'll take some goopy eyes over that any day!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• possibly, probably, a clogged tear duct and it will continue maybe for a few more months. If it's not cleared up by age 1 or so the dr will usually perform a minor surgery to open it. Very common!

Answer by missanc at 12:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i had one child like that. i massaged the tear duct and squirted breast milk into it. it cleared up about a week after i started the massage.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010