When the birthday is days earlier than the birthday party

what things do you do on the actual birthday and what do you save for the party?
(and I mean the kid's birthday, not the parents)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• On their birthday I will tell them happy birthday and remind them about the upcoming party. I will also let them choose what we have for dinner, or I'll just make one of their favorites.
    Anonymous

• We usually go out to eat at their favorite restaurant on their actual birthday if it's not the same day as the party. We give our children their present(s) from us and let them open other peoples gifts at their party. Sometimes, if their birthday falls during the week, we'll go to Chuck E Cheese for dinner (if it's on the weekend, you couldn't pay me to go, lol). We also usually get a small icecream cake or pre-made goodie to at least put a candle in and sing Happy Birthday.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We let them choose what they want for dinner and sometimes we have a small cake.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• she chooses dinner..we have cake..she opens the family presents..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• On their birthday we do 'family celebration' ... that is usually doing something fun that they like, this year my daughter chose Build a Bear and then we went out for lunch, then she opened her gifts from us and we had a small cake. Party day is for everyone else. My son's b-day is coming up and he wants to go to Chuck e cheese for family celebration.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We do the same as most of the others. I either make the dinner of their choice, or we go out to dinner and we have a small cake, plus they get to open their family gifts on their birthday. They'll have plenty to open at their party. If it's a school day, I used to go pick them up for lunch on their birthday, take treats to school, etc.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• On their birthday, we do a family party which is decorations, two personalized homemade cakes and icecream, gifts from us and dinner. The party is just a chance to play with their friends and have a good time. It includes the same thing as the family party only more decorations, party favors, one large cake from the bakery, and lots of friends.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We have there chair decorated up. We have a birthday hat and banner that goes up for all our birthdays. I will make there favorite breakfast and lunch. Dinner they chose if they want to go out to eat and where or cook there somethings.
    Anonymous