Ugh, more of a vent.

So, my husband works 12 hours a day. He's really tired when he gets home. We were running low on formula, and I told him he needed to go get some. (I don't have my license due to anxiety issues, I'm currently working on getting it) He told me to wake him up after our son ate the last bottle, so I did. He kept going back to sleep, so I got mad. I yelled a little bit to get him out of bed because at this point it was an hour after our son had his last bottle, and I knew soon he'd be wanting another. I told him if he didn't get up I wasn't cooking the pork chops he wanted tonight (LOL) and he told me that was a good thing because it probably would have tasted like shit. He finally left to go get it, and I scraped together enough formula to make 3 oz to hold him over till DH got back. Before he left he kissed me and told me he loved me, and basically acted like nothing happened. I'm just mad, UGH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• well in the end he went and got it... no you shouldnt have to wake him up... maybe next time have him stop at the store on his way home... or maybe get your licence. you have to overcome your personal issues to help your kids... i know from experience on that one i have ASD. there are so many things i have had to overcome in order to care for my child... this should really motivate you to get that done..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• he just didn't want you deciding for him what to do when. sigh and they're even more stupid than that often. Next time give him baby you cab to a friend's or have friend pick you up so he understands what it's like exactly to have to take care of a little helpless life. In fact it would help me to be more responsible before then. You're not breastfeeding exclusively or you're formula feeding exclusively so that frees you up to get more frequent well deserved breaks while he does baby care himself.

Don't hurt your relationship down the line by babying only him too much and not yourself at all.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't have cooked the pork chops for him...why bother if they 'taste like shit' to him, tell him he can order a fckn pizza. That was uncalled for.
    Anonymous

• you should really rely on yourself more. i mean think of it from your husbands perspective..he just worked 12 hours and he just wants to sleep.and you come in and need him to go get something. of course he'd be frustrated. BUT you also work too with our son.. but just keep in mind he was tired. let it go.
    Anonymous

• Stock up on more formula BEFORE it gets down to the last bottle.. What if something came up and you couldn't get to the store for some reason? Then how would you have fed your child?
    Always stay prepared for the unexpected. Especially with something that important.. Sodas and beer a person can do without, food for your child is a different story.
    Anonymous

• in loveMan at the moment and venting....right? Are you mad bc you had to keep calling him to get up? Or wanted to be ready for baby when he would be ready for his bottle? Or bc he said your pork chops would taste like shit? Just let it go I know how you feel but He got his butt up baby will get his formula and please don't burn the pork chops or else he'll be yelling at you....lol In the end you still love eachother :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Why would you let it get that low in the first place? Anyway I don't see why your mad at least he went and got it right? Just let it go.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2010