Do you find it laughable when affluent right-wing, conservative Christians in modern democracies claim they are being persecuted for their beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Laughable is the astronomical understatement of the century.

I would greatly enjoy watching them learn first hand what the definition of "persecution" means when applied to living, breathing reality. Not some delusional world in which everything is a conspiracy theory set in motion by the devil.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• or they are so against premarital sex and so their kids are the sluttiest ever. Wake up and act normal. The more you prohibit your children from having sex and preaching the gospel, the more they will lash out and have sex and go crazy.
    Anonymous

• I think there are some poeple that are unclear about the real definition of "persucution". Many believe that being disagreed with or told they are ignorant for believing they way they do is "persecution", but really a person being persecuted would recieve death threats, be bullied or intimidated for believing what they do. I think there are people from every religion who think they are being persecuted when really they aren't. It's the sort of thing that they aren't clear on the definition and like to throw out the word to make a point. I guess.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Isn't it about time for someone to post a link to a story about someone being persecuted in a third would country as if it parallels their cushy life in America?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes, laughable and yet kid of sad and pathetic. Most people have no idea what the word persecute really means.

Anonymous

• wow that was a mouthful! LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• "or they are so against premarital sex and so their kids are the sluttiest ever. Wake up and act normal"

So normal is having slutty kids?? wow I'm glad I wasn't from a normal family then. My parents taught us not to have premarital sex, and myself and all 4 of my siblings (3girls 1 boy) were virgins when we got married. In fact I know tons of people who were like that. Sorry we weren't normal and slutty like you make the rest of the world out to be..............

eye rolling

Anonymous

• I agree with anon 12:34!!

Answer by older at 1:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I laugh when any Christian claims persecution. Pot, meet kettle.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I find it more laughable when a request for equal representation of other religions/beliefs makes them yell and get all red faced. "What do you MEAN you want a wiccan invocation before a town meeting?!?!?!"

Christianity Only is the new Whites Only.
    Anonymous