when did.. :)

when did you son/daughter start the "teething" ordeal..

akalei

Asked by akalei at 12:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my daughter didn't get her first tooth until she was 10 months old, but had been "teething" for a few months prior to it popping out.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 12:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• UGH - 2 and a half months and still going strong. I had no idea he was, until I took him to the doctor and she felt around his mouth, there were 2 little white bumps in the lower front. Would have never thought a baby could teeth so young! Then she told me SOME babies are born with teeth.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 12:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• 2 months and she had 4 teeth at 4 months. Now at 20 months we are teething again working on those two year molars.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 12:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Started at 2 months. 2 teeth at 4 months. All but the back molars at 9 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son started drooling like crazy at about 3 months and didn't get his first tooth til 10 1/2 months.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It's not always an ordeal... my first got a tooth at 5 months, my second not until 8-9 months... neither of them have been overly fussy or irritable because of it, with the exception of the canines in my first daughter. I know a lot of moms have a lot of trouble over teething woes, but this isn't the case for everyone -- so if your little one hasn't begun teething yet, I would say don't start dreading (not sure if that's the root of this question or not). And every fever, bit of drool, or spit up does not mean a tooth is on it's way, either (I've seen all of those attributed automatically to teething on CM).
    Anonymous

• nope that wasnt part of the question.. just a simple question of when did others start..
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2010