Avon ?

WHY IS IT NOW 20.00 DOLLARS TO START UP AN AVON ACCOUNT?

ANYONE MAKE GREAT MONEY OFF OF IT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Some areas are still only $10 to start, but you have to do those sign ups in person, you can't do them online. A while back they started the $20 sign up with online sign ups.

Yes, you CAN make good money with Avon, my mother does. But you have to be willing to work it. If you aren't willing to step out of your comfort zone and work your business, you won't earn anything... $20 is nothing to start a business. And frankly, if you are really bothered by a $20 start up, maybe a home business isn't the best option.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• 20 dollars doesn't bother, and i have sold before, i just wanted to know if avon was still a good thing and why it went up.
    Anonymous

• I chose Scentsy instead...the startup cost is more, but I made that money back within my first month. I've made great money with Scentsy because not as many people have heard of it.
    www.scentsy.com/my2scents

As for Avon (great stuff by the way), my S-I-L tried it out, and she just didn't have enough people buying from her. She thought the startup cost was reasonable, though.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Nope, and i HATE that they send jobs overseas, anyone online right now could have those calls routed to their computer at home, BUT they decide to send it to out of the country-blah!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have been w/ Avon for 27 years and the only time you pay 20.00 is online. If you sign up face to face it is still 10.00. I always offer an incentive to my new recruits that allows them to receive a check from me for their sign up amount anyhow. That way regardless of what they pay they can earn it back. I don't know how long ago you sold but the products are basically the same. c-theavonlady.com is my website if you have any more questions
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010