What happens if you join a home business, pay for the starter kit (which is usually at a big discount) and then quit... Do you have to return the products in the kit??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• depends on the contract you signed
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It depends who its thru and if they give you your money back or not. Usually if they will give you your money back you'll need to return it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm with Scentsy...and if I ever quit (I love it too much to quit.) I would be able to keep all my stuff. I paid for my start up kit, and it's mine. I don't know what company would tell you to pay for a kit, then ask for it back...I could see if you were given free stuff to use as samples or something, but as far as I know, you should be able to keep what you paid for.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Depends on the contract and if you still owe money on your kit. if you owe money you may want to return it or pay it off. They can put it in collections or bill you.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It all depends on the company you sign up with. Some companies are Satisfaction Guaranteed, others you lose you money. Double check with the company you were with.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm with Mary Kay. They do not have you send back the starter kit.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If you paid for the starter kit the products in it are yours to keep, whether you actively sell or not.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I am with Premier Designs Jewelry and you do not have to return your jewelry because you buy it.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010