Is God bisexual?

Conservative Christians argue that because the Cretion Story is true then because God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve homosexuality is wrong. But if you accept this story you accept that God created us all in his own image, and therefore since God created people who are heterosexual and people who are homosexual then God is bisexual? Checkmate Conservatives!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well my almost CONSTANT arguement is if God hates homosexuality SOOO much, why are there gay pairings in nature? swans, wolves, and many more animals form lifetime gay partnerships EVEN with the possability of a hetero relationship. its just RIDICULOUS to think that GOD is against homosexuality LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• im not conservative, im not christian, i definitely dont believe in an actual adam and eve, and im not sure about this "god"... and even i think this post is stupid.
    Anonymous

• I love this. It's full of win. And sati also explained it very well.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• sati has a very good point!

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Haha, good question anon, great point sati, and lol at 'full of win'.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 2:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• He never said that He created woman in his imag, He did specifically say how He created man in his image.

Genesis 1:27 (New American Standard Bible)

27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

As far as the animals go, i really dont know, He never mentioned homosexual animals, maybe that wasnt even His doing, maybe it was satan's corruption.

Anonymous

• its just RIDICULOUS to think that GOD is against homosexuality LOL
    --------------------------------------------

How is it ridiculous to think that when He said this.

1 Corinthians 6:9

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    Anonymous

• That is the most ignorant and disrespectful argument I have ever heard! NO! God is not bisexual! We are created in his image in the way that we have a soul and intelligence that animals and plants do not have. There are people who are serial killers to...that doesn't make God a serial killer! God is gender-less. Gay people are gross. Get over it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I don't think God creating or allowing there to be homosexuals alongside heterosexuals means that He's bisexual. We're not even technically the same species as God, we're just created in His image... So I don't think His sexuality is knowable to us, or even if He is a sexual being Himself (I personally don't think He is). I do believe that He did desire for our sexuality to be a good thing, something that binds us together and even to Him, when used correctly. If it weren't intended to be a gift, I think He would have created it to be something we don't necessarily desire or enjoy.

I don't think that the sexual preference is the point. I think God just wants us to find that someone we connect to and love, the one person who completes and improves us, whether that person is male or female. Its about the relationship, the bond, the love. I think He just wants us to be able to share that with our partner, because He IS love.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• "Gay people are gross. "
    THAT is the most ignorant and disrespectful argument I've ever heard....
    Gay people are God's children, too, and homosexuality is no greater sin than any other (if you believe it is a sin, I don't), so gay people are no worse than any other people. God loves gay people just as much as straight people, and they are just as capable of being decent, caring human beings. In fact, too often gays are MORE compassionate and loving than many Christians are, especially those who go around using their faith as a means to insult or hurt others. Jesus taught love and compassion for all, not just for some, and we are to extend our hearts to everyone without condition. Anyone who claims to be a Christian and doesn't act with love and graciousness completely misses the point, and that's really sad, because the TRUE message of Christ is something quite beautiful...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2010